Tuesday, January 12, 2010

work them knees

I behaved myself last night.  No snacks.  Pretty easy; I was in bed by 8 p.m. (3:45 a.m. wakeup kicks my butt.)  It's hard to be naughty in one's sleep. 


Half a power bar (105) kick-started the bod so I could do my workout (along with a bunch of water, which is getting easier as I go.)


Workout this morning:  15 minutes on the elliptical, which took me just over a mile and burned 200 calories.  Then I switched to the recumbent machine, on which I wildly varied speed and tension for 15 minutes.  This netted me 100 calories.  I'm going to keep using the recumbent machine; these knees have had some troubles over the years (longterm overweight of course wreaks havoc on knees), and the pain I experience on that machine feels like it's working out the muscles all around my knees.  Seems like a smart thing to do.  


Next time I have the money, I need to invest in a whatchamadingy thingy to listen to the televisions at the Y through headphones.  I can't take much more Fox news, and it seems to be the program of choice for those who turn the volume up.  With 3 TVs in there, I can make a better choice.  This part of the experience just reinforces for me daily why I don't have TV in my home and don't want it.



Breakfast when I got home was 1 slice toast (80) with 1 tbsp Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, chunky (105) and homemade crabapple jelly (50), and a big mug of hot tea with sugar and milk (65).

No comments:

Post a Comment