Monday, January 11, 2010

recumbent addition and summary

Breakfast at 4 a.m. was 1 slice toast (80) with 1 tbsp Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, chunky (105) and homemade crabapple jelly (50), and 1 cup of skim milk (45).

Snack was half a power bar (105).


Worked out when I got off work at 10 a.m.  First ten minutes on the elliptical, which burnt 100 calories quick and easy.  Then I did twenty minutes on the recumbent machine.  That was fun and a nice change of pace.  Being my first time ever, it was definitely a learning experience and I'll approach it more confidently next time.  I was worried it would be "lazy" exercising, because it's in a seated position.  But I definitely kept my pulse and respiration at cardio levels the whole time.  I burned about 150 calories.  I'm beginning to perceive the elliptical machine as the "rock star" of exercise...I burn calories so much faster and easier on it...IF those numbers can be trusted.  But I'll be using the recumbent machine some more; variety is good, and I could feel muscles being fatigued on it that I don't feel AT ALL on the elliptical.  Variety is the spice of life, eh?


Lunch was tacos with the son.  Rather a feast.  
4 hard shells (240)
1/2 cup refried beans (140)
1/2 cup lean ground beef (190) 
1/2 cup tomatoes (16)
1/2 cup lettuce (4)
2 tbsp shredded cheddar (100)
And a glass of water.


Let's stop and evaluate where I am, calorie wise, at this point....


1075


Feeling fine about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment