Saturday, January 9, 2010

numbers from machines and erosion of trust

Snacks at work:  diet pepsi, small banana (80) and 1/2 power bar (100)


Varied my workout tonight; I got on the treadmill.  I hate the treadmill.  It feels like working harder than the elliptical...my legs are heavier, I breathe harder, I sweat more, and I can hear my heart pounding in my ears.  Meanwhile, according to the machine my pulse is slower than on the elliptical and I am burning fewer calories by a lot.  30 minutes netted me 200 calories, and just a tiny bit over a mile of distance (with varying speeds and inclines).


So one of the machines is lying to me, and I don't know which.  Ergh.


Guess I'll have to just do 30 minutes daily and trust the process.  


Supper tonight:  enormous bowl of homemade chili (made with ground turkey, black beans, tomatoes, tomato juice, garlic, red peppers, hot peppers from my garden/the freezer, onion, and chili powder) (525) YUMMMMMMM.  Also, 1 cup skim milk (90) and half a grilled cheese sandwich (160) ...isn't it nice of my son to split it with me?


Calories for the day are at 1790.  I might snack, but not a lot...after all, on the off chance that neither machine is lying to me, I burned about half the calories I usually do on the workout today...

No comments:

Post a Comment