Thursday, March 19, 2009

wiped out

I'm in bed, and couldn't be gladder (not a word and I don't care) to be here.

Struggled not to nod off while driving to work. The struggle came earlier than usual and was harder to fight off than usual. Oy. I gotta turn this around.

Working in a domestic violence shelter sometimes feels almost like a "normal" job, but today was not one of those days. It's a crisis center, and today it was one long crisis. I couldn't get lunch till 1:15, which was mostly fine because my stomach didn't get better. Had another can of chicken noodle soup (220). Drank 2 bottles of water at work.

On the way home I was wiped out, emotional, and really hungry. I counted my calories for the day and realized I could do some stress eating, if I was careful. Drove through McDonalds and got a cheeseburger (310) and an ice cream cone (150) and an ice water. Felt almost better after that, though I almost nodded off again on the drive home.

Dinner at my parents' tonight to see my brother again...last time I'll see him before he goes home tomorrow. Had 7 oz steak from the grill (500), 1 oz grilled catfish (30), slice of grilled portabella mushroom (10), 1/2 cup frozen fruit mix (40), 1/2 cup cottage cheese (116), and 1/2 cup a sugar-free dessert (30) my sister made with a bit of fruit in it. Most numbers in this paragraph are very rough estimates. The food was amazing and delicious, but my stomach definitely got worse immediately after eating...I guess I should have had another can of soup instead.

Calories for the day: 1626.

Came home at 8 pm to get in bed, because I just felt too icky to be around people one minute longer. Not "sick"...just incredibly tired and uncomfortably nauseous.

No comments:

Post a Comment