Thursday, March 5, 2009

belly-laugh breakfast and pondering sleep issues

Breakfast: 1 slice whole grain toast (100), 2 tbsp smucker's (210), 1 tbsp home canned peach jam (60), 2 cups skim milk (180). Yeah, I'm still out of old fashioned oats, and I really do want to get some, to further test my theories.

Over breakfast I laughed til my stomach hurt over an email from a fellow struggler in the diet department - hey, that's a good way to start a day! By the way, my friend, I realized yesterday that I think you removed all the temptations from the church kitchen counter for me Tuesday, didn't you? I'm such an oblivious wonder. Thank you!

My mom and several others have pointed out that my achy legs and getting hot in the night might be menopause. Well, it IS true that I'll be 43 on Saturday and I think in my family we start young-ish on that. So that could be. Actually I guess I kind of hope that's what it is, because the other possibility I can see is that it's blood-sugar related; I read that having hypoglycemic incidents in the nights can result in night sweats, nightmares, and confusion. The fact that at least one of those nights I distinctly remembered taking my shirt off amidst the heat...only to wake in the morning with it on, and neither inside out nor backward, and no memory of putting it back on...has made me wonder if that was a dream.

I dunno.

The good thing is, none of that stuff has happened in the night for several nights running now. YAY! I have said for years that being able to sleep quickly and consistently under almost any circumstance is high on my list of excellent skills (I am also great at forgetting stuff instantly, and choosing items at the store that lost their tag and/or won't scan for whatever reason). I'd rather not give up my sleeping skillz, thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment