Tuesday, March 3, 2009

breakfast and being cold

Breakfast: 1 banana (100 calories), bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal (150) with 1/4 cup skim milk (20 calories) and 3 tbsp sugar (135 calories).

Yesterday at work I was cold all day, though the thermostat said 72 degrees. It reminded me that when I was on a long-term fast a number of years ago, I learned in a very vivid way that a lot of what keeps me warm is the energy of my body processing food. Fasting = frigid cold to me. I'm wondering if the lower calories are part of why I'm so cold lately. If you think that's ridiculous because 2000ish calories is not low, what you have to know is before I was blogging my food, my days looked more like that infamous 5000+ calorie Day 1. This is lower calories for me.

Not a problem; I can dress for it. Just pondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment