Thursday, March 26, 2009

downsizing, ill-fitting jeans and breakfast

My washer is now deceased.

Happily, I have been offered a replacement; I just have to make the time and borrow a truck to go get it. In the meanwhile, it presents a wardrobe dilemma this morning; my usual stuff is all piled high in a basket.

I got down 4 pairs of jeans from the top of my closet - things I haven't been able to wear for a number of months.

One of them fits! Hooray!

And 2 thumbs up for this bonus fact: the pair that fits come from back when jeans actually fit right! Today, my underwear will not show if I sit down without first hiking my jeans and tugging my shirt down. Today, I will not have to pull my pants up every time this body moves. I'm pretty psyched about that.

I keep hoping one of these days the fashion police will relent on making all of us wear a style of jeans that only look good on tiny people. I mean...I'm gonna look fat no matter what I wear at this point; it's the nature of carrying 100 extra pounds. But these darn low riding jeans, especially in combination with shirts that are nowhere near long enough anymore, make a whole lot of very reasonably, even nicely shaped ladies look...well...FAT.

Now that I have established myself as hopelessly old and out of touch, on to breakfast:

cereal (260) and milk (68)

Today promises to be a hectic one at work. Off to enjoy 25 quiet minutes before I get in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment