Monday, March 2, 2009

monday morning experimental thoughts and stocking the work fridge

Breakfast: 1 banana (100 calories), bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal (150) with 1/4 cup skim milk (20 calories) and 3 tbsp sugar (135 calories). I am thinking of experimenting with breakfasts. Once upon a time, I only ate breakfast cereal and I loved it. Later, I discovered that eating cold cereal just starts my body craving carbs and drives binges hard. I switched to having some form of protein and it shut off my morning hungries, which is why I never eat a morning snack.

Nonetheless, I AM crashing every day at 11ish, which makes lunch a rather desperate venture. So perhaps I'll experiment a bit and test whether I absolutely must have protein at breakfast or not. Old-fashioned oatmeal is a good piece better for me than cold breakfast cereal - maybe it won't drive a binge. I don't mind a morning snack...I just don't want to do an all-a.m. feast...

I have stocked my workplace for good choices (I work at a shelter and I've been eating what the clients eat, which has been less about saving money than about being "beside" the clients in a meaningful way...but for now, I guess I need to work on me, so I'll use the staff fridge like the rest of the staff). My staff fridge stash (say that 3 times quickly, I dare you): big bowl of baby carrots, little bowl of hard boiled eggs. Also brought my lunch, which I guess I'm doing daily now.

Feeling progress-ish this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment