Wednesday, March 4, 2009

breakfast without oatmeal, and a non-perfection confession

Breakfast: whole grain toast (100), 2 tbsp smucker's all natural peanut butter (210), 1 tbsp home canned peach jam (60), one cup skim milk (90). I ate the last of the old fashioned oats yesterday and while we still have a bunch of "quick" oats, I am not feeling them just now. Besides, peach jam just sounded so good!

I've scanned back over this blog enough times by now to catch a whole pile of errors, from spelling to grammar to some apparent inconsistencies in information. Part of me wants to fix that, but I think I'll stick with my current format, which means doing it very quickly and not taking time to proofread. I need this all not to take up too much of my day.

Part of the equation is this: I get my calorie counts mostly off the internet, by googling. Occasionally I stop to read the sides of packages. And sometimes I do a little "customizing" on an item that messes with its count, but I don't really spell that out on the page. All that just to say that if this process looks awfully random...it is and it isn't, and that's the way it's gonna be.

Besides, perfectionism has never been my friend (it hangs around a lot, but has a Very Negative Voice), and I have no need to give it voice on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment