Wednesday, February 1, 2012

uncomfortably informed, and unflattering photos

Last night while working around the house, I used my iphone to watch a documentary my son had recommended, called "Forks Over Knives."  It gave me an uncomfortably sudden and clear understanding of why so many people I know are vegan or moving in that general direction.  For the record:  I don't like this clarity.  Very compelling studies and statistics and observations and such.  Enough so that I'll be working toward reducing my animal-related intake (though for the life of me, I CANNOT IMAGINE ever going totally vegan.)  I ordered a book last night to help me along, called "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition."  Looks interesting and informative and seems to have recipes, so that's a good place to start.  I followed up that movie and book-ordering by watching another documentary suggested by Netflix called "Food Matters," which really follows the "food is medicine" thought, which apparently I didn't dream up all by myself.  Apparently Hippocrates said it a long time before I did.  Who know?  LOL  


In other news, it was again 32 degrees for my run this morning, and I remembered to check my time.  Turns out I am NOT running faster, my counting is just more confuzzled.  By my mental-and-fingers counting, I still had SIX MINUTES left when I got back, but when I checked the clock, I was perfectly at my 32 minutes (2 warmup jog and 30 faster run). 


Since I bothered to pull my iphone out to look at time, here are photos of my total loveliness before (at the top of the hill, just before breaking from a walk into a slow jog, awake for a total of 21 minutes at this point) and after (in my kitchen, after the 5 minute post-run cool-down walk, all sweaty and disgusting).  I can't believe I'm posting these, but after all, the naked blog is all about being real...


I know it's blurry...bear in mind that I can't see the screen almost at all without my glasses...

Overheated blind mole-rat?  But victorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment