Wednesday, February 8, 2012

kitchen of awesomeness grows

Last night was a great mission for me:  equipping my kitchen for some upgrades in eating.  I traded in that juicer for a nice 600 watt blender (some friends are encouraging me to consider a Vita-Mix, and it does look like a beast, but I'm thinking a $500 kitchen appliance is more an item for a 2-income household...so for now I'll be happy with my 600 watts).  I picked up a big container that I can carry veggie smoothies around in.  


And I got groceries.  HOOO BOY!  I had made a shopping list based on my reading from the plant based nutrition book.  It *happened* that I walked into a "bag sale" for the health food section of my grocery store - 10% off anything/everything that could be stuffed into a brown paper bag.  I learned that with my mad skillz, I can squish $90 worth of health food into a single bag.  The people at the checkout said it was definitely their biggest bag sale buy of the day.  LOL  


It sounds like a lot of money, but I have days' worth...weeks' worth...and in some cases months' worth of various items.  I'm set for my smoothies but also for some really healthy vegan meals that I'm guessing from the recipes will be interesting and yummy. 


So I'll probably be sharing some pics and recipes along the way, in the coming days.  I'm not starting with the smoothies this morning because I read that SOME people uhhhh need the bathroom a lot at first on those, and I will be out viewing potential apartments a couple of times today, and I don't want to have to scramble for a restroom or suffer the grossest potential embarrassment, if ya know what I mean!


In other news, the moon was huge and gorgeous this morning on my run.  I tried to take a picture, but without glasses I didn't see that my iphone was shooting video.  Let's see if I can give you 4 seconds of gorgeous morning moon (I can't tell if this is working or not...):  

No comments:

Post a Comment