Thursday, September 15, 2011

smoothies, green tea, and kickboxing

The smoothie worked out great yesterday.  I have this tiny little blender, like maybe one half or even one third the size of a "normal" blender.  Into it I put:  just enough kefir yogurt to cover the blades of the blender, a handful of fresh cantaloupe, a handful of frozen banana slices, and just a little sprinkle of frozen mixed berries.  I figured out right away that I can't just dump that stuff in and blend...it's too much for the tiny blender.  So I just left it sitting there and went and finished getting dressed and made up.  By the time I got back, it had thawed enough that it was manageable.  Just let me say...sipping on a smoothie for the first hour of the morning...DELECTABLE treat!  


On this past weekend's shopping spree, I also bought an electric hot water pot for my office.  This means I can sip green tea all day.  Green tea is not my favorite among teas, that's for sure...but it's good for the bod and I really do enjoy having something hot to warm my hands and comfort the rest of me as I go.  And right now I seem to be in one of my "water resistant" modes...I am still drinking it (mostly with food...it's not so bad with food...), but I do encounter passages where I just don't like water, and this is one of them.  It will pass - it always does - and meanwhile I am not surrendering to waterlessness as that is no part of any plan for loving a body.  But the tea helps me push fluids a bit more.


TONIGHT I START KICKBOXING!  Pretty excited about that.  I am guessing I will be the heaviest and least graceful member of the class...I wonder if I might also be the oldest.  But you know what?  I don't care!  I have wanted to try kickboxing since the first time I heard about it, but I always lacked the courage.  While I am not athletic yet by any stretch of the imagination, I am a good piece further along than I was this time last year, and I am ready to step out and just do this thing.  WOO HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment