Friday, September 9, 2011

no coherent message this morning, just details

Yesterday morning I had the hungries.  Actually, the night before, I had gone to bed hungry for the first time in quite awhile.  I ate my usual breakfast and then proceeded to be so hungry it was distracting me all morning at work.  Looking back, I'm thinking it would have been wise to just find a snack, but I wasn't thinking that clearly so I toughed it out. 

Bad idea.  The end result:  I ate ALL the cookies in the little basket on my table at the Bistro at lunch.  I usually just eat ONE, or on a really decadent day TWO (they aren't very big).  But yesterday I think there were FOUR and I ate them all.  Bad.  Very bad.  I gotta not spend anymore mornings being that hungry til lunch!  


In other body-related news, I am happy to announce that although I will do tomorrow's Alzheimer's walk in my Very Tired Shoes, by the next time I run I shall be wearing better stuff!  Headed to Chicago on Sunday to get my bike; I will stop by the shoe store that spent so much time determining what would work best for me, and pick some up.  Pretty stoked about that!


Finally:  I am still working on liking coconut milk (or, as I learned it is actually called, "coconut milk beverage.")  A friend gave me a can of real, straight coconut milk, which is a much thicker, more substantial product, with the idea that I can stir some into my very thin and not so rich drink.  And I almost did that, but in the end I decided that if I got used to skim milk, I'm pretty sure I can get used to this stuff.  So I'm saving the thick stuff to add to coffee for a treat...sounds yummy to me.  Meanwhile, I don't hate the stuff in the carton in my fridge as much this morning as I did at the beginning of the week, so I think I'm headed in the right direction! 


Little bit by little bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment