Saturday, August 21, 2010

i love you, saturday

What a great day.  Slept in.  Blogged big news.  Checked out a health food store with Ashely and brought home all kinds of wonderful things.  Salad feast for lunch with her.  And now I'm headed out to visit my parents at their campground.  Yuppers, life is good.

I found a non-caloric sweetener at Great Grains called "Sweeten Me" all-natural sweetener crystals that looks interesting.  I brought a box home and we'll see how this goes.  


Food thus far:


Breakfast - bowl of granola with milk (measured carefully to stay at 1 serving of each) and a cup of hot green tea sweetened with the pink stuff.

Snack - a cup of cantaloupe



Lunch - chicken breast cooked in olive oil, hard boiled egg, baby carrots, and a salad made of organic lettuce, spinach, tomato, olives, walnuts, feta, purple onion and a wee bit of garlic vinaigrette dressing.  About a cup of cantaloupe.  Also, some crackers I found - Almond Nut-Thins, low sodium with a hint of Sea Salt.  I felt dubious about them but having something crunchy crackerish on hand seems good, and these are wheat/gluten-free.  Low calorie and I'm guessing low carb, though I don't know that for sure, I guess.  The first one was...a surprise, because it was edible (I truly expected horrible.)  They grew on me fast; I'm lovin' em. 


Will take a hard boiled egg and some carrots for a snack on the drive. 


So today's summary thus far including the snack I've not yet had:  2 breads, 4 fruits, 3.5 proteins, 5 veggies, 1 milk.  


Happy Saturday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment