Monday, August 16, 2010

biking and the rundown

I rode my bike (her name is Lulu, and if your bike doesn't have a name, I'm very sorry) three times in 24 hours:  last night after work, this morning as the sun rose, and tonight after work.  This can only happen when it doesn't rain; I'm gambling that tonight is another "no rain" night in hopes of a crack at another sunrise ride -she's out on the car in the dark, waiting for morning.

Bike riding is a fun way to get exercise.  Definitely beats forcing myself to finish 30 minutes on the elliptical machine.  I intend to take full advantage of this gorgeous weather.

Now, let's see if I can reconstruct this day, diet-wise - I do believe I stuck to program!

Breakfast - 1 slice of 12-grain whole grain toast with 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter and 1 cup milk.
Snack - 1 hard boiled egg and a pile of baby carrots
Lunch - 1 slice of that same bread with 2 oz sliced turkey, a slice of hot pepper cheese, and tomato slice; the rest of the tomato cut up; a cup of frozen fruit
"Snack" in the sleepy part of the afternoon - 1 can diet pepsi
Snack after work/before bike ride - 1 serving (carefully measured...uggg) of cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk; 1/2 cup frozen fruit
Snack after bike ride/before Bible study - 1 hard boiled egg
Supper - 1 cup fresh green beans with onion and a tiny bit of bacon (less than half an ounce); 1 zucchini cooked with 1 tomato, garlic, and sweet basil, sprinkled with parmesan and 5 slices of pepperoni (I guess that with the bit of bacon makes today my "red meat" day); 1/2 cup of cantaloupe
Drank my 30 ounces of water and more today.

So that's 6 veggies, 2 1/2 dairy, 4 fruit, 4 1/2 protein, 3 bread/cereal, tiny bit o' olive oil. 

Was never seriously hungry today, but also never stuffed. 

I guess you could say I'm happy with this day's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment