Friday, February 27, 2009

Total for the day and brief thoughts on realism and documentation

Afternoon snack: pudding cup (110 calories) that I surely didn't need but definitely wanted.

Driving home snack: 1 oz salted peanuts (170 calories) which was probably more habit than anything. And a bottle of water.

Early supper tonight, because it was junior high wii party night. I had a pot pie (300) and a cup of chocolate milk (160).

Snacks during the wii party: Popcorn balls (best guess I can make is 200 calories)...yummy and stuck in my teeth....and puppy chow (1/2 cup 184 calories)

Growly tummy on the way to bed, so I had 1/2 ounce of leftover chicken breast (20 calories).

Total for the day: 2384. Not bad for a day I felt like I was misbehaving so much! It's not "losing" but it's not "gaining" either and that's good.

A friend shared in the last day or two that he tried measuring food and was surprised at how much more it is than it seems to be. SO TRUE! When I really "look" at my food and even measure it, I'm pretty convicted by what a habit of king-size portions I have.

Writing it down is definitely curbing what I eat. I know FOR SURE that I'd have eaten a lot more Tuesday through Friday if I had not been logging it. So many occasions of temptation, I was stopped dead at the idea that I'd have to account for it if I ingested it.

Money kinda works like that for me to...making myself document what I do with it is a strong impetus to Behave Myself Already.

I dunno if I'm weird or not in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment