Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 2 - further morning thoughts

Coffee - had just ONE enormous cup this morning, and skipped the creamer. Still had sugar, though (3 tbsp 135 calories).

A thought: I read something recently that said new studies show that people who eat less are mentally sharper. Scientists are theorizing that the reason is related to insulin - the body produces an enormous flood of insulin to deal with all that food, and it hampers brain function. Hmmm. Maybe this is related to my mental funk yesterday. Eating TWICE the number of calories required to maintain and THREE TIMES the number of calories needed to lose....that could definitely be handicapping my brain.

Got sleepy again on the way to work, but not nearly as bad. Blinky but not actually nodding off. My body feels much less crappy this morning than it did yesterday.

I put my sugar-pushing coworker on notice that I am tracking calories (even made full disclosure about yesterday's count) and won't be accepting oreos and m&m's anymore. She's traumatized and wants to know why I want to lose weight.

I need to lose 100 pounds to reach my goal, which is still quite a bit heavier than the charts say I should be (to hell with the charts).

And she wants to know why I want to lose weight?

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment