Friday, March 22, 2013

recharge time

I am surprised, sometimes, that those of you who read my blogs regularly don't all band together and plan an intervention for the cause of forcing me never again to use the phrase, "I'm tired."  I know I say it ridiculously much.  My stash of old writings has quite a number of entries all named "on rest" because apparently when I am tired I forget that I already used that title before.  Oops.  

Well, here I am again.  Though I've been purposely drinking a lot more water than I sometimes do, and though I've been aggressively consuming veggies, I'm run down.  Just busy life and short sleep and letting the stressors beat me up -  you know, the usual stuff, nothing beyond what any one of you could testify to in your own lives.  I made progress on the "stressors" thing today at work - knocked out 3 of the 4 things that had started stealing bits of sleep from me, for the worry of how/when I might complete them.  And the other isn't even due for nearly a month, so it can't steal sleep from me yet.  

Run down looks like:  falling asleep at inopportune moments while actually doing things.  Headache, neckache, backache, basically sore everywhere.  Foggy thought processes.  I'm not sick.  I'm just run out.  Back in school I'd get like this periodically, and my mom would come pick me up when I called her, crashing, and I'd go home and sleep around the clock or maybe even a little more than that.  It was all I needed. 

So I'm derailing Karen's wonderschedule for a good 24 hours and then some.  I'm out.  My plans are like this:  Shabbat candles and prayers and videochat with my guy tonight.  Sleep.  Sleep until I wake up in the morning.  Roll over.  Sleep some more.  Get up, eat breakfast, stare out the window, maybe write, if I am feeling it.  Then take a nap.  Or watch a movie on my Iphone until I fall asleep.  That's the only goal for the day:  rest.  I've got stuff I need to get done, but right now nothing else is allowed on the list until at least this time tomorrow night - maybe not until Sunday morning.   

Sometimes you just gotta stop...listen...and stop some more.  

Or at least I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment