Tuesday, March 5, 2013

countdown workout and an ozzie quote for the day

I did what I am now calling the "countdown workout" this morning, in the warmth and dryness of my apartment, as the beautiful snow fell outside my windows.  You know...the countdown workout:

jumping jacks
pushups
squats
crunches
jump ropes

First 10 of each, then 9, then 8, etc all the way down to 1.  

I had made the decision last night that this is what I would do.  I now have a little piece of paper with that list typed out, to help me, because as we know, KAREN CANNOT THINK at 5 in the morning.  So I lay the list on the table and have to look at it literally between EVERY SINGLE TRANSITION.  

Still, it's a beautiful thing.  I can do it in my dark apartment, with only the indirect lighting of the streetlights outside.  No noise has to happen.  No other human voices or music I didn't choose.  It's a nice pick for me, for a light workout on my days of not running.  

Here's hoping they clear the sidewalks well today.  I'd love to be back at running tomorrow.

In other news, I saw this quote on my Oswald Chambers site this morning...very apropos to the naked page, methinks (discipline, discipline, discipline...it is our friend, alas):

Much of the misery in our Christian life comes not because the devil tackles us, but because we have never understood the simple laws of our make-up. We have to treat the body as the servant of Jesus Christ: when the body says “Sit,” and He says “Go,” go! When the body says “Eat,” and He says “Fast,” fast! When the body says “Yawn,” and He says “Pray," pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment