Wednesday, July 6, 2011

back in the saddle again

Got back to my C25K program this morning.  I did not do it at all while at the festival - the discomfort of camping, the rain, and then the heat were all just enough to leave me completely unwilling.  So this week I am repeating the last week that I did before leaving.


I didn't run yesterday morning because I had been up until midnight doing laundry the night before and 5:30 up out of bed just wasn't happening.  Grace is good, but it also has to be handled with care - would be easy to totally lose momentum.  Loving my body means doing what's best for it, even when I've had a bit of a vacation from doing so.  Time to get back to it.  If I'm going to get 3 runs in this week, that's today, tomorrow, and Friday.  One down, two to go.


Between the festival vendor food and the lack of workout, I wondered how much ground I had lost in my 9 days away.  But these markers say all is not lost:  yesterday my smaller jeans still easily fit and my belt went one notch tighter, and this morning my walk/run was absolutely manageable.  Also, returning to eating better is a joy, rather than a hardship. 


Perhaps consistency is beginning to develop in this area of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment