Saturday, June 25, 2011

walked my first official 5K today

Well, I'm all packed up and ready to leave in the morning for Cornerstone Festival.  I've been loving this festival for about a decade now, but I can't wait to experience it from an "inside" perspective!  Will be totally offline until Independence Day - good health and happy days to you all!

This morning, along with about 7,000 other people, I walked the Greater Chicago Food Depository Hunger Walk.  It was a 5K along the banks of Lake Michigan.  Perfect weather, beautiful day, big excitement everywhere.  


I was really pleased to discover I could ride the 22-mile Critical Mass Ride last night, not getting home until 11ish, and still be up to leave at 7 AM to walk a little over 3 miles (which, if you didn't already know, is what 5K translates to).  The walk was gentle because of the simple fact that there were so many of us of all ages, sizes, and abilities sharing the path.  I think it took us about an hour and 15 minutes, all told.  


All of this was a very nice warm-up for Cornerstone - never any lack of walking there.  I've packed my running clothes, in hopes that I will squeeze in some runs.  And I'm ready to be gracious with myself if I find tent living doesn't lend itself to Karen moving in such an intentional way.


Steady as she goes.  Blessings, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment