Thursday, December 1, 2011

new spiritual project to end 2011 and begin 2012 well

As some of you know, this is only one of my two blogs (though this is by far the more active of the 2).  I tend to keep them very compartmentalized, focusing on the "letting God teach me to love my body" part here, and on the "talking through the journey of my faith" part over there.  I think that's mostly okay - the naked blog has a very specific purpose.  

Nonetheless, in truth my faith is not something separated from the rest of my life.  

Today, thanks to the greatest boss in the world, I get to start a 40 day prayer project, directed by a book he shared with me and some others, called "Give Me 40 Days - Your Invitation for an Encounter with God," by Freeda Bowers.  I'm so excited about this, mostly because while my prayer life certainly isn't dead, it's definitely been colder for awhile than I like it to be.  I don't know about you, but I DESPERATELY NEED the occasional fanning of the fire within.  And letting God teach me to love my body...well, that's simpler when I am more in tune with him, eh?  

This is, in truth, more important than any exercise I can do or any dietary change I can make.  This is dealing with the roots of it all.  After all, as today's scripture from that book says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."  The "these things" it speaks of are clothes and a place to live and such...but I'd say "the ability to love my body in real terms" also falls under that umbrella.

So that'll be my focus for the day:  seeking the Kingdom of God first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment