Monday, February 14, 2011

a valentine from me to my body

Today, I chose to love my body.

Early on in the morning, it announced to me that today would be a PMS day.  This filled me with dread.  My gut felt like I had been kicked by a horse.  My skin was so dry it was driving me to distraction.  My brain was fuzzy and I just didn't feel like I could deal with life at all.  Latent crabbiness kept trying to rear its ugly head.

Then came the donation of Dunkin' Donuts.  Really?  You gotta be kidding me. 

I resisted - not by much (I spent the day longing for a chocolate-frosted bavarian-creme filled bit of deliciousness) - but I resisted.  My body definitely thought we should have a donut ("or two") as a consolation for the wretchedly miserable way it was feeling.  But I remembered to love it enough for discipline.  


God is good.  The next donation of the day came from Whole Foods - fresh veggies!  With overwhelming child-like delight I picked through the box and picked out a feast of fresh veggies.


After work I treated my body to an hour of walking along the lake.  After that I cooked up the veggie feast and savored it well.


Happy Valentine's Day, body.  I just might learn to love you yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment