Tuesday, February 15, 2011

progress and popcorn knees

I ran into someone from my workout class tonight as I was headed up the elevator.  "Are you coming to class?" was her question.  She got my usual:  reluctant assent.  Yes, I will be there, and my bad attitude will be with me.  

A cool thing is that there were several exercises we did tonight that seemed so far outside my abilities that I broke out laughing when they were introduced...but then I tried them and I could sorta kinda do them!  I am so grateful that I don't get kicked out of the class for my doubt.  

We've been doing wall squats for a few times now.  I'm really having trouble with them, for this reason:  my knees sound like a popcorn factory or a fireworks store on fire when I do them...and the popping hurts.  I'm generally not that thrown by popping...heck, back in my pom-pom girl days my knees used to pop all the way up and down the stairs.  But that didn't hurt.  This does, and it's not just one or two pops...it's like 50 of them (I am not exaggerating).  

I asked about it and was told it means I need to strengthen the muscles around my knees.  That makes sense.

It still scares the crap out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment