Thursday, January 19, 2012

disconnected but headed in the direction of repentance

I haven't been doing as well as I might lately, where it comes to eating.  Oh, I haven't been terrible.  I could DEFINITELY do much worse.  But the thing is, I haven't been seeking to really listen for God as I made decisions about what to cook, what to order, how much to take, when to put the fork down.  


Which is truly NOT SMART, since the deal the Lord and I have been working for a year now is that I will let Him teach me to love my body.  Lately I haven't been looking for that instruction, where food is involved.  Lately I have been feeling winter pressing in, and I have been seeking comfort.  So that's a double whammy - not keeping our deal, and also seeking comfort somewhere besides God.  Uhhh....NO...I need to not stay in this zone!

He's been very faithful in reminding me.  Today I'm writing about all of this, but I've felt Him nudging me on this topic for...uhhh....days?  Weeks?  Let's just say AWHILE.  If I were Him, I'd have given up talking to such a hardheaded lady.  I am so very grateful that He is not me and He has kept on talking.  
At last night's Bible study, we happened across Philippians 2:13: 

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.

Uhhh...yeah.  True.  Only I gotta be in receiving and obeying mode, and I've not been.  For AWHILE. 

Here's to repenting.  I don't know if I'm there yet, but happily, I'm headed in that direction.

O praise the Lord, for He is good, and His mercy endures forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment