Sunday, July 28, 2013

saltine challenge!

Okay technically today's blog is not about loving your body at all.  Today is just pure unadulterated silliness.  If you have no tolerance for silliness, do yourself a favor and navigate AWAY from this page immediately!

After church this morning, a deeply spiritual member of our worship team was sharing about "the saltine challenge" and I happened to overhear, stick my nose in where it didn't belong, and jump all over the challenge.  

Here's the challenge:  6 saltine crackers.  60 seconds.  Nothing to drink. 

Sounds easy, right?  Several of us were just laughing.  He insisted it's an impossible challenge.

That sounded ridiculous to me.  How hard could it be to eat 6 crackers in 60 seconds?  Come on!  And I wasn't alone - the sound guy predicted he could do it in 23 seconds.  As you can see, we are excessively serious and somber after church.  

By the time I left, a number of people had been drawn into the challenge, saying we would try it and report our results.  I was challenged to put mine on the blog.  (So, Joe, here it is!)  

So it happened that this evening when I ran upstairs to wash a few dishes, I saw crackers out (my friend Erik, whose house this is, is in on the challenge - I assume he made his first run at it today.)  So!  I took the challenge.  Easy peasy, Eh?

And the results are....

*drumroll*

 
Holy smokes.  The guy who challenged us has done it in as fast as 1:12.  I don't suppose I'll ever get that down!  LOL

It's more fun to lose this race than it is to run behind those who saunter.  LOL

And now, you may resume your day.  Sorry...you can't get that 5 minutes of your life back! 

1 comment:

  1. Worth the 5 minutes, silliness is crucial to our health - don't know about the crackers though :)

    ReplyDelete