Friday, September 3, 2010

better coping techniqes

I stopped for food on the way home from work tonight.  I was exhausted and could feel that it would be very easy for me to just go get a large pizza and eat the whole damned thing myself.  Instead I hit the freezer section and got some lovely stir fry...wandered through another aisle to find sugar-free lemonade (sometimes I am just TIRED of water and milk all the time...and don't really need soda...)  Last of all:  sugar free chocolate pudding mix, cuz I was feeling the longing for sweet and of course I've been out of sweets since the infamous day of falling/diving off the wagon.  

Dug a candle out of the closet (somehow I have lived here 7 months and hadn't unpacked candles yet from the last move), turned down the lights, and found the most soothing music I know.  

Being very good to my very tired self.

This feels so much better than a binge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment