Thursday, June 27, 2013

this training for the BIX business is fun

I broke the 6-mile barrier today for running without stopping or walking.  I didn't PLAN to.  The thing is, I'm trying to stay up around or over 5.5 miles, and usually I have to weave around the neighborhood AFTER Augie hill to add some distance.  To be honest, I don't FEEL like adding distance once I've run that hill...I just want to go home.  So, I added distance BEFORE the hill, and I made sure a good portion of that distance was on an incline.  And the accidental result was I passed 6 miles, by the time I got home.

My slowest mile was 17.01.

My fastest mile was 15:50.

The other 4 miles were in the 16+ range.  

So the only thing that could have made me happier than just breaking the 6 mile barrier would have been if I'd have also had a mile in under 15 minutes.  

Next goal!  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment