Tuesday, September 3, 2013

un-discipline brings its own consequences, thank God

Sometimes it is really hard to get oneself to exercise more, to eat less, to eat better.  Sometimes, though, a motivation is provided.

Since the wedding, I have been in "honeymoon mode," which has meant all manner of GOOD things, but has also meant I have more or less given myself permission to just wildly eat anything and everything and entirely too much of it, as well. 

All of that accumulated last night when I WAY, WAY overindulged at a cookout.  The food was delicious, the company was great, and I just ate, ate, ate, and ate some more.  I didn't just eat stuff that loves my body, though there was an abundance of that available.  I also stuffed my face with stuff that I KNOW will not go well with me.

So I went to bed last night physically miserable, and I stayed that way all through the night, and this morning I've been rubbing my belly and drinking hot water and desperately hoping the worst of it will pass soon. 

All of which will make it not hard at all to get back to running (which I've only done a little bit of, since the wedding) and back to body-loving food intake.  I AM READY.  My poor big round miserable belly is begging me to get back to better treatment.  

Back we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment