Monday, June 20, 2011

i think this is called a near-miss

A shout-out to a reader who hit me up yesterday morning - I realized after talking to you that I DO blog here in the mornings!  Silly me!  I really was thinking I only did that in the evenings...therein lies the danger of blogging before one is fully coherent, I guess...anyway, thanks for reading!  

I almost skipped the workout this morning.  I had realized last night after I was snuggled in and 99% asleep that I hadn't checked the C25K schedule to see what this week's routine was.  So I resolved to just wake up early (before the alarm - I find it to be a continuous miracle that I can just *decide* to wake up before the alarm and my body knows what to do) and check before I went.  

Logging onto the computer this morning at 5 AM, I felt compelled to check the weather...maybe it was raining?  The internet told me the rains would start somewhere between 6 and 7.  Maybe it will rain on me.  I almost stayed in bed.  It took some more of that quick, decisive action to swing my legs over the side of the bed and get moving, before temptation could suck me back under the covers.


The morning was gorgeous - gray and misty.  I'm so glad I got out in it.  Now I am safely home, showered, and thunder is booming outside my window, accompanied by the patter of rain.  AND I DIDN'T MISS MY WORKOUT.  Awesomeness.  


This week's C25K schedule looks like:


5 minutes of brisk walking to warm up
90 seconds of jogging
90 seconds of walking
3 minutes of jogging
3 minutes of walking
90 seconds of jogging
90 seconds of walking
3 minutes of jogging
3 minutes of walking

And that left me 2 minutes from home.  Walked home, took the stairs up to my room on the 6th floor, only getting off the stairwell to walk the hall and breathe once, on the 3rd floor.


Hey cool!  I did it!  I'm not gonna lie - I was daunted at the notion of 3 minutes of jogging.  


Turns out, I really CAN do it. 


As my son would say, suck it, lethargy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment